We can produce 100% Custom Designs
City Playground Communication Boards
$1,200.00 – $3,160.00
What is this product?
This communication board was designed by a speech-language pathologist specialist in communication. This design is specifically made for city playgrounds with words that children will typically need to use in such setting. Children can point to the pictures to express their wants, needs and communicative intentions without having to use verbal speech.
The images on this design belong to a larger library of 35,000 images called Smarty Symbols. This library of images was specifically designed for learning and communication and it is currently used in various schools around the world. Teachers, therapists and parents can access the same library of images from products on Teachers Pay Teachers made by various educators, different technology products, and talker devices.
Since its inception in 2009, Smarty Symbols aimed to create images that represent a wide variety of children from all backgrounds. We strongly believe that children have the right to see themselves represented in all products using our images. We believe that diversity is more than skin tones, each one of our characters was designed after real life people. Therefore, our communication boards include a variety of representations which make our world brighter and richer!
What texts are on the signs?
Since these boards will be available to the public, we found it very important to address some existing challenges on the board. Each board contains instructions with guidance to families that will be interacting with the child. The boards also include awareness about the importance of early intervention, for families and caregivers who may not yet be familiar with the free resources available in the community.
- Point to the symbols/words while you talk. It will help your child develop and expand language.
- If your child points to a particular picture, say the meaning of that picture out loud. For example: If your child points to the “cold” picture. Your could ask “Oh! Are you cold?” Or you could make a comment: ” Thats’ right! It is a cold day!”. Have fun!
- Are you concerned about your child’s speech, language or communication? You don’t have to wait. Contact an Early Childhood Center (ECI) or your public school district for an evaluation.
Plastic: Durable plastic signs printed with UV ink on 6MM PVC plastic (sintra). Long-lasting signs for indoor or outdoor use! Estimated Lifespan:5+ years with proper placement and care
Wooden: Weather resistant wooden signs printed using a four-color UV printing process on high-density fiberboard. Four color process, eco-friendly, weather, fade and abrasion resistant UV ink. .5” thick (about the thickness of 127 sheets of copy paper) Estimated Lifespan:5+ years with proper placement and care
Aluminum: Our custom printed aluminum signs are made up of two .008” aluminum sheets sandwiching a solid polyethylene core. These 3mm aluminum signs are extremely durable for both indoor and outdoor use. We use an eco-friendly, four-color print method with weather, fade, and abrasion-resistant UV ink that results in vibrant sign. Estimated Lifespan:5+ years with proper placement and care
ABOUT THE BRAND:
Smarty Symbols is a company that specializes in creating innovative communication tools designed and speech therapy materials to break communication barriers. Our products are designed to be used in the classroom, at home, and in the community to help bridge the communication gap. All children deserve to feel included regardless of their different communication modes. We should make sure that public spaces are ready to accommodate all learners. We do this with our proprietary image library of 60,000 images designed for education, our classroom technology, and our new initiative in public spaces with the communication boards.
OUR COMMUNICATION BOARD:
Smarty Symbols has developed a line of copyrighted communication boards for public spaces called Smarty Boards. We have designed boards for city and school playgrounds, libraries, classrooms, doctor’s offices, waiting rooms, therapy clinics, churches, recreational centers, waterparks and also healthcare communication board. It will make sure children with different communication modes feel included and can fully participate in social interactions in the playground. The board is used for all children in the playground including non-readers and early communicators.
WHY USE OUR COMMUNICATION BOARD?
Our board is designed to bridge the communication gap that often exists for non-speaking children and early learners in public spaces such as playgrounds. It will be used as a tool for learning and communication with their peers, teachers, and other school staff and aac device for autism. It can help them practice their language skills and build their confidence in communication.
HOW TO USE COMMUNICATION BOARD?
The board is easy to use! Simply attach it to a wall or fence in the playground. Instructions and ideas for board usage are included on the board. Kids can then use the board by pointing to each word to communicate.
WHY SMARTY BOARDS?
- 👦𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃: It is built to withstand outdoor elements and last for 5+ years. Playground communication board made of high-density PVC Sintra plastic and features a weather-resistant, acid-free satin (or glossy) finish. It comes in 3 sizes (M, L & XL) with fade-resistant UV ink in 4 colors (Red, Blue, Green & Black) on eco-friendly plastic, with a 6mm rigidity score and lightweight design. it’s easy to install, With 4 standard grommet holes.
- 🌈𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 & 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐒: Our nonverbal communication board for autistic children features vibrant graphics and symbol that inspire kids to participate and interact with it. The graphics are appealing and easy-to-understand, making it ideal for children with diverse learning needs. The autism communication board uses Smarty Symbols, an internationally recognized special education image set, and internationally recognized color coding system for effective communication
- 🏄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄 & 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄: Our school board for picture exchange communication promotes inclusion in your school. It is suitable for various activities, games and ideal for non-speaking children to practice communication skills. Children can engage in imaginative play, communication exercises, and group games for endless interaction and fun. This board not only provides enjoyment but also helps toddler speech therapy develop important communication skills.
- 📚𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 & 𝐅𝐔𝐍: The kids communication device provides a fun and educational tool for kids. It teaches important social and emotional skills, while promoting imaginative play and group games. Children will learn about communication modes, and the board helps develop valuable communication skills that will benefit them. This board is a valuable non verbal communication board for promoting learning and development in a fun, engaging way. Special education classroom must haves.
- 💯𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋: Playground Communication board autism is designed with making sure all children feel included in the playground regardless of their communication levels. The symbols design were specifically created for communication. This means that children with diverse learning needs, as well as children with limited language skills, will be able to participate and engage with their peers in the playground. It specially uses as communication device for non verbal kids.
Wood, Plastic, Aluminum
Medium ( 27×18 inches), Large (36 x 24 inches), X-Large (45 x30 inches)
English Only, Bilingual Instructions, Fully Spanish + English
White, Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Brown, Purple, Navy, Gray
|Include your Custom Logo||
No, 1 Logo +$150
|Include Sponsor Logo||
No, Yes +$150
No, Change up to 5 words +$180, Change up to 10 +$300
|Custom Icon Design||
No Custom Icon, 1 Icon +$180, 2 Icons +$340, 3 Icons +$540, 4 icons +$720
There are no reviews yet.